Network Security Labs
SEED Labs 2.0
These labs cover the most important types of security breaches and ways to prevent them.
I5 processor and above along with a minimum of 8GB RAM
Depending on the lab, we require 2-3 instances installed on Virtual Box.
Ubuntu 16.04 VM: June 2019 version
Image can be downloaded on the SEED website: https://seedsecuritylabs.org/lab_env.html
Exception: Heartbleed Attack Lab
For this lab we need Ubuntu 12.04 VM only
Image can be downloaded on the SEED website: https://seedsecuritylabs.org/labsetup.html
Virtual Box Setting:
- Create new VM in VirtualBox
- Name the VM 'SEEDUbuntu_1' or versions of that
- Use an existing hard disk file of SEEDUbuntu 16.04 of 32bit
- Once the VM is created, we have to edit the settings
- In the 'Advanced' tab of 'General', we change the 'Shared Clipboard' and 'DrWag'n'drop' to Bidirectional
- We Enable 3D acceleration in 'Display'
- In 'Network', we enable NAT Network and Allow VMs in Promiscuous Mode