RadialController(Surface Dial) sample code for win32 and UWP
The C++ sample code that uses the Radial Controller. This project support both UWP and Desktop. It is in the form of DLL + exe. This project does not use .NET. Full native code.
For win32, the DLL uses WRL. Refer to my blog posting. https://megayuchi.wordpress.com/2016/11/16/using-surface-dial-in-desktop-application-with-using-c/
There are some videos of my game project using this code. https://youtu.be/bWENbUh4G7Q
For UWP, the DLL uses C++/WinRT(https://moderncpp.com/) and the Client uses C++/CX.
Windows 10 build 14393 or later
Visual Studio 2015 update 3 or later
Windows SDK build 14393 or later
For Desktop version, If you encounter link errors in ddraw.lib, install the Windows Driver Kit.
[Build for Desktop App]
- Build RadialController/Desktop/RadialDevice project. Then dll files are created in the RadialController/Desktop/DLL folder.
- Build the RadialController/Desktop/Client project. Then Client_xxx_xxxx.exe files are crated in the RadialController/Desktop/App folder
- When running in VS Debugger, set the working folder as '$(OutDir)' in Project Settings.
[Build for UWP App]
- Build RadialController/UWP/RadialDevice project. Then dll files are created in the RadialController/UWP/DLL folder.
- Build the RadialController/UWP/Client project.