Surround360 is a hardware and software system for capturing and rendering 3D (stereo) 360 videos and photos, suitable for viewing in VR. We divide the open source components of the system into three subdirectories:
- /surround360_design -- hardware designs and assembly instructions
- /surround360_camera_ctl_ui -- Linux desktop application for controlling the camera to capture raw data
- /surround360_render -- software for rendering the raw data that is captured into a format suitable for viewing in VR.
Please refer to our instruction manual (which covers use of both hardware and software) here:
We provide a sample dataset for those who are interested in testing the rendering software without first building a camera.
- "Facebook Building 20" - 190 frames - (21.15GB)
- Binary file 1: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/surround360/github_samples/test/0.bin (10.76GB)
- Binary file 2: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/surround360/github_samples/test/1.bin (9.56GB)
- Sample result: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/surround360/github_samples/test/render.zip (823.6MB)
- NOTE: the render directory contains calibrated config files and two rendered frames
- The file NOTES.txt contains sample commands to process the binaries
Join the Surround360 community
See the CONTRIBUTING file in each subdirectory for how to help out.
The hardware designs, camera control software, and rendering software are subject to different licenses. Please refer to the LICENSE file in each subdirectory. We also provide an additional patent grant.