(c) Jakub Melka 2018-2021
This software is consisting of PDF rendering library, and several applications, such as advanced document viewer, command line tool, and document page manipulator application. Software is implementing PDF functionality based on PDF Reference 2.0. It is written and maintained by Jakub Melka.
Software works only on Microsoft Windows.
Software is provided without any warranty of any kind
This software is based in part on the work of the Independent JPEG Group.
Portions of this software are copyright © 2019 The FreeType Project (www.freetype.org). All rights reserved.
2. LEGAL ISSUES
Both library and viewer uses more benevolent LGPL license, so it is more usable in commercial software, than GPL code only. Please see attached file - LICENSE.txt to see details. This software also uses several third party software, and user of this software must also respect licenses of third party libraries.
Software have following features (the list is not complete):
- multithreading support
- hardware accelerated rendering
- color management
- optional content handling
- text layout analysis
- signature validation
- form filling
- text to speech capability
- file attachments
- optimalization (compressing documents)
- command line tool
- audio book conversion
- internal structure inspector
- compare documents
- XFA support (planned in year 2021)
- create fillable forms (planned in year 2022)
- electronically/digitally sign documents (planned in year 2022)
- 3D PDF support (planned in year 2023)
- watermarks / headers / footers (planned in year 2023)
- presentation application (planned in year 2023)
- public key security encryption (planned in year 2023)
4. THIRD PARTY LIBRARIES
Several third-party libraries are used.
- libjpeg, see https://www.ijg.org/
- FreeType, see https://www.freetype.org/index.html, FTL license used
- OpenJPEG, implementing Jpeg2000, see https://www.openjpeg.org/, 2-clause MIT license
- Qt, https://www.qt.io/, LGPL license used
- OpenSSL, https://www.openssl.org/, Apache 2.0 license
- LittleCMS, http://www.littlecms.com/
- zlib, https://zlib.net/
If you want to contribute to this project, it is required, that you (contributor) fill and digitally sign document Contributor License Agreement, because I want to have a freedom to do whatever I want with my library, without obligation to someone else. But I would strongly prefer, if you want to contribute, to contribute in a form of testing, consultation, giving advices etc. I would like to write this library entirely by myself.
To compile this project, Visual Studio 2019 is needed. Only Microsoft Windows is supported at this time. You must also have all of above libraries in order to compile the project. Software uses Qt 5.14.2.
- Download Qt 5.14.2
- Download precompiled libraries, or compile them yourself. Libraries must be in same root directory as this project, so root folder of this project will have a sibling folder with these libraries
- Open Qt Creator and root project Pdf4Qt.pro
- Create target for Microsoft Visual Studio 2019 and compile the project
I wrote this project in my free time. I hope you will find it useful!