Minecraft, but I made it in 48 hours*
* I've actually updated it since - see this commit for the 48 hour version.
- Infinite, procedurally generated world
- Infinite height/depth
- Day/night cycle
- ECS-driven player and entities with full collision and movement
- Full RGB lighting
- Full transparency + translucency support
- Sprite blocks (flowers)
- Animated blocks (water + lava)
- Distance fog
- A whole lot of different block types
$ git clone --recurse-submodules https://github.com/jdah/minecraft-weekend.git
The following static libraries under
lib/ must be built before the main project can be built:
All of the above have their own Makefile under their respective subdirectory and can be built with
$ make libs. If libraries are not found, ensure that submodules have been cloned.
The game binary, once built with
$ make, can be found in
Be sure to run with
$ ./bin/game out of the root directory of the repository. If you are getting "cannot open file" errors (such as "cannot find ./res/shaders/*.vs"), this is the issue.