The fastest way to create VR and AR experiences with HoloJs is to use the Spin tool and Visual Studio Code. Spin is a HoloJs execution host that integrates with Visual Studio Code for a seamless run and debug experience. Please refer to VR and AR experiences with Spin for more details.
Lastly, HoloJs can be built from scratch and customized as needed.
Building instructions for all dependent submodules are provided in the build-instructions directory. Visual Studio 2017 with C++, UWP and CMake support is required. To build Google ANGLE, GN and depot_tools are required.
All dependencies are build time dependencies in the form of git submodules.
- Google ANGLE provides the WebGL implementation for the Win32 platform.
- Microsoft ANGLE provides the WebGL implementation for the UWP and HoloLens platform.
- LabSound provides the WebAudio implementation, including spatial audio rendering.
- ChakraCore debugger provides the debugger protocol implementation that enables editing and debugging HoloJs apps using Visual Studio Code.
- Win2D provides the implementation for canvas's 2D context on the Windows platform.
- ZipLib provides cross platform archive decompression.
- zxing-cpp provides QR code decoding for the Spin viewer on the HoloLens