KeePassXC is a cross-platform community fork of KeePassX. Our goal is to extend and improve it with new features and bugfixes to provide a feature-rich, fully cross-platform and modern open-source password manager.
Additionally, individual Linux distributions may ship their own versions, so please check out your distribution's package list to see if KeePassXC is available.
Additional features compared to KeePassX
- Auto-Type on all three major platforms (Linux, Windows, macOS)
- Twofish encryption
- YubiKey challenge-response support
- TOTP generation
- CSV import
- A Command Line Interface (keepassxc-cli)
- DEP and ASLR hardening
- Stand-alone password and passphrase generator
- Password strength meter
- Using website favicons as entry icons
- Merging of databases
- Automatic reload when the database changed on disk
- Browser integration with KeePassXC-Browser using native messaging for Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome, Chromium, Vivaldi, or Brave and Microsoft Edge
- Synchronize passwords using KeeShare. See Using Sharing for more details.
- Many bug fixes
We are always looking for suggestions how to improve our application. If you find any bugs or have an idea for a new feature, please let us know by opening a report in our issue tracker on GitHub or join us on IRC on freenode channels #keepassxc or #keepassxc-dev.
You can of course also directly contribute your own code. We are happy to accept your pull requests.
Please read the CONTRIBUTING document for further information.
GPL-2 or GPL-3