Tenacity is an easy-to-use, cross-platform multi-track audio editor/recorder for Windows, MacOS, GNU/Linux and other operating systems and is developed by a group of volunteers as open source software.
- Recording from audio devices (real or virtual)
- Export / Import a wide range of audio formats (extendible with FFmpeg)
- High quality including up to 32-bit float audio support
- Plug-ins providing support for VST, LV2, and AU plugins
- Scripting in the built-in scripting language Nyquist, or in Python, Perl and other languages with named pipes
- Editing arbitrary sampling and multi-track timeline
- Accessibility including editing via keyboard, screen reader support and narration support
- Tools useful in the analysis of signals, including audio
Why did this project fork audacity/audacity?
You can find more information on the causes of the fork here:
- Contributer's License Agreement (CLA) which may violate the same GPL license
- Attempts at adding telemetry using Google services for data collection
The latest Windows and macOS release of the pre-fork version of this repository may be available from the Audacity website. Additionally, one may find help and/or support for the pre-fork releases at the Audacity Forum. Developers may find information for the pre-fork releases available at the Audacity Wiki.
Build instructions for Tenacity are available in the BUILDING.md file.
Thank you to Weblate for providing translation SaaS hosting at weblate.org.