Minecraft: Java Edition launcher for iOS, based on PojavLauncher Android.
- How can it work?
- Current status
- Known issues
- Credits & Third party components and their licenses
- This is an attempt to get Minecraft Java run on a jailbroken iOS.
- Minimum requirements: device running iOS 12 or newer.
- Mac OS X (tested: 10.15)
- XCode (tested: 11.7.0)
- JDK 8 installed
gradleto build Java part.
fakerootto package. Run in this directory
# Only run if you haven't installed JDK 8 brew install adoptopenjdk8 # Install required packages brew install cmake wget ldid dpkg fakeroot gradle # Give exec perm chmod 755 *.sh # Build natives part ./build_natives.sh # Build java part ./build_javaapp.sh # Sign with entitlements and package ./build_package.sh
How can it work?
- Use OpenJDK 16 from Procursus to get real Java environment.
- Use MetalANGLE for OpenGL ES -> Metal translator.
- Use GL4ES for OpenGL -> OpenGL ES translator.
- Use our LWJGL3 iOS port.
- Use same launch method as PojavLauncher Android.
- Java Runtime Environment: OpenJDK 16.
- LWJGL3 iOS port: works
- OpenGL: GL4ES
- Did Minecraft recognize OpenGL?
- OpenAL: use @kcat's openal-soft
- Input pipe implementation
- Account authentication (partial).
- Does it work? Partial.
- Currently, only Minecraft 1.14+ fully works.
- Forge won't work, but Fabric and OptiFine will.
- Mojang authentication might not work, but copying logged in account json from Android will work.
- Camera position will be jumped to random location on first time touch.
- 1.12.2 and below only render a tiny panorama at bottom left corner.
- Other versions will crash for various reasons: Narrator crash, etc...
- It may crash sometimes, but try launch again until you get it works.
Installing OpenJDK 16
For Chimera/Odyssey bootstrap
- Add Procursus repository (https://apt.procurs.us).
- Find and install
For other jailbreak bootstrap
- Download openjdk-16-jre.deb.
- Install and open Filza File manager.
- Go to where the .deb file downloaded.
- Open it and press Install.
- If everything fine, it will ends up with
Setting up ....
- Account json directory:
- Minecraft home directory:
- Select a version: edit
/var/mobile/Documents/minecraft/config_ver.txt, put to Minecraft version want to start.
- PojavLauncher is licensed under GNU GPLv3.
Contributions are welcome! We welcome any type of contribution, not only code. Any code change should be submitted as a pull request. The description should explain what the code does and give steps to execute it.
Credits & Third party components and their licenses
- Contributors of PojavLauncher Android and here.
- Apache Commons.
- Boardwalk (JVM Launcher): Unknown License/Apache License 2.0 or GNU GPLv2.
- GL4ES by @lunixbochs @ptitSeb: MIT License.
- MetalANGLE by @kakashidinho and ANGLE team: BSD License 2.0.
- OpenJDK 16 ported to iOS by @Diatrus: GNU GPLv2 License.
- LWJGL3: BSD-3 License.
- LWJGLX (LWJGL2 API compatibility layer for LWJGL3): unknown license.