Encore was created to scale, and abstract the transcoding power of FFmpeg, and to offer a simple solution for Transcoding - Transcoding-as-a-Service.
Encore is aimed at the advanced technical user that needs a scalable video transcoding tool - for example, as a part of their VOD (Video On Demand) transcoding pipeline.
- Scalable - queuing and concurrency options
- Flexible profile configuration
- Possibility to extend FFmpeg functionality
- Tested and tried in production
Encore is not
- A live/stream transcoder
- A Video packager (see <>)
- An GUI application
- Spring Boot
- and many other great projects
Comprehensive documentation for Encore can (and should) be read:
or downloaded from the:
If you have a running instance, you can also view the
http(s)://yourinstance/swagger-ui.html as json http(s)://yourinstance/v3/api-docs/ or as yaml http(s)://yourinstance/v3/api-docs.yaml
Please see the online documentation
Copyright 2020 Sveriges Television AB.
Encore is licensed under the
SVT Videocore Team - (videocore svt se)